Binding effect and change of terms and conditions
Paddocks may change these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page and when it does so it undertakes to advise all Club members by email message. You agree to review these terms and conditions when notified of changes and from time to time to ensure that you are happy to continue using the website under these terms and conditions.
By registering as a member of the Club and paying subscriptions, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You also agree that your use of the site is evidence of your continuing acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Club is a private learning community website owned and operated by Paddocks. Paddocks Club is operated in English. All material available on this website will be presented in English.
Members of the Club are private individuals, who may be the nominees of corporate entities, and they participate in the Club under their own names and disclose their current email and photo to other members. Members are not entitled to act anonymously in their Club activities. Members undertake never to allow any other person to use their login details and to take active steps to prevent others impersonating them in the Club.
- The client agrees that Paddocks will only liaise with one representative from the company in regard to obtaining details of clients for the corporate membership.
- Paddocks will grant access for a maximum of five members, these members may change from time to time. It is the client’s responsibility to communicate this to Paddocks on email@example.com.
- The client, representative member of that company will be in control of the membership including providing the details to add and remove members.
- The 5-hour consulting retainer does not need to be used on one instruction/matter, however only the main member will be consulted with. (Please see the consulting T&Cs for further retainer conditions)
- The 5 x free basic courses can be allocated to any member of staff / body corporate and is not required to be 1 of the 5 members who have access to the Club.
- The Paddocks books available on the Corporate membership on the Club is limited to the online versions of the paperback books (therefore excluding the eBooks).
- The annual membership fee is payable upfront to allow access for a 12-month period, starting on the date the payment reflects in our account.
- There is no cancellation option on the Corporate membership, once the annual fee has been paid and the memberships has been activated.
Data protection and use of information
The personal data you provide to the Club will be used primarily for communication with other Club members and for delivery of Club services. Paddocks may also contact you from time to time with details of its range of services and may request feedback on these. The Club may also inform you of events held in conjunction with a third party. Paddocks does not share your data with third parties except for agencies working on its behalf and when required by law to do so.
Status of advice and comments
You agree that all information, advice, opinions and comments given or made by members in the Club is without any guarantee of its authenticity. In participating in the Club discussion forum no person undertakes to any other any liability for mistake or misrepresentation. All postings are the sole responsibility of the person who made them. This means that you are entirely responsible for all material that you post and that no attorney and client, fiduciary or financial relationship or other form of duty or contract arises from the posting or reading of material on the Club website.
The information, advice, opinions and comments on the Club are not “formal legal advice”. Paddocks provides answers and comments to questions asked, and answers may vary depending on the information given, or lack thereof. Paddocks reserves the right to remove or amend postings but does not take any responsibility for those postings or guarantee accuracy.
Discussion forum guidelines
The discussion forum is not only a place to have questions answered, it is a growing collection of “Q&A” that members can use to find answers that have already been given to issues that concern them. To enhance the value of the postings as a learning tool:
(a) Members must consider the structure of the discussion forums before posting new topic questions and, to the best of their ability, do so in the appropriate forum.
(b) A single posting must not contain questions on a number of different issues or subjects, because this reduces the value of the postings as a learning tool for other members. Linked issues in the same category can be included in one posting but separate issues must be put in separate postings under the appropriate headings.
(c) Members are requested to read the existing postings under a heading before making a new posting, to check that the same question has not already been asked and answered. Where a question has been asked and the answer is not exactly applicable, the member should add a further response to the existing posting stating their particular circumstances and asking for a response.
(d) Members must post questions in English on the discussion forum. The Paddocks staff will only answer questions in English and will not undertake to translate advice into other languages.
2. Standards of discussion and debate
It is important that the discussion forum be a supportive and respectful environment for all members. Open debate in the discussion forum is encouraged, but no member must be disrespectful to any other or unduly argumentative in the process of debate. A member who has received a warning that Paddocks considers the number of postings he or she has made to be excessive and given specific directions in this regard must limit subsequent postings in accordance with those directions.
3. Nature of forum responses
The discussion forum is a responsive and supportive resource, not a source of researched legal opinions. Answers and comments posted on the discussion forum are based only on the information contained in the prior postings. As such they are not legal opinions and cannot be relied on as formal legal advice. Responses are based on the existing knowledge of those who choose to answer. While the Paddocks staff who answer question are prepared, when necessary, to spend a short period researching a community scheme management issue so as to be able to give a sensible answer, problems that require more substantial investigation are beyond the scope of the discussion forum. Questions that do not relate to community scheme governance or that clearly assume incorrect information or application of the law will be flagged as such. Paddocks may suggest that a member obtain formal legal advice when this is considered appropriate. You accept that the application of these guideline statements requires Paddocks to make value judgments and you accept that these are final and binding on you.
Use of site materials
The Club reserves the right to take down and remove any material found to be inappropriate and will respond to any reasonable complaints.
Although the Club expects members to abide by these terms and conditions when making postings, you understand that by using this website you may be exposed to postings that are offensive. If you find material posted by another member objectionable please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org identifying the posting and stating your objections. You also acknowledge that when you make information available through your profile and other postings, you do so at your own risk. Please bear in mind that if you disclose personal information in the Club, this information may become publicly available.
Paddocks may choose to use member communications from the discussion forum. Paddocks will not ask permission for this but will only use this information in demonstrating the benefits of the Club to external parties.
Paddocks retains copyright in the books, videos, newsletters and other materials it creates and makes available in the Club. Members are entitled to use this content and extracts from it for their own purposes, but they agree not to share any this content with others.
Inappropriate use or behaviour
You are fully responsible for any postings made with your username and you agree that you will not share your username and password.
You agree, by joining the Club, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, racial, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Please take this agreement seriously. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. You also agree not to initiate or engage in any form of spam, flooding, chain letter, pyramid scheme, or solicitation. You also agree not to impersonate any person or to stalk or otherwise harass another member.
The Club reserves the right to suspend for a period of time or terminate the registration of any member failing to comply with these conditions. The Club also reserves the right to take legal action against individuals who cause it to be involved in legal proceedings through inappropriate use.
Suspension and termination of membership
Paddocks reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate any membership of the Club. Paddocks is under no obligation to explain to an unsuccessful applicant why their application has been unsuccessful, but it will advise any person whose membership has been suspended or terminated of the reasons for this action. A terminated member’s recourse is limited to the right to receive to a refund of pre-paid subscriptions. If you decide to terminate your membership, the personal details you supplied will be removed from the Club website.
- You agree to be contacted from time to time via email, SMS and telephone.
- Access is only granted once the debit order form/mandate has been completed, signed and send back (and acknowledged by a Paddocks team member).
- You will be required to pay pro rata for the month in which you have signed up and this fee has to be paid within 24 hours in order to gain access to the club.
- Should your debit order bounce, we will contact you to make arrangements for alternative payment, before suspending the membership, until payment has been made.
- Should members wish to cancel their membership, they are required to provide notice in writing (via email) on or before the 25th of the month, however the cancellation of the membership will only take affect the following month. Example: Cancellation on 25 May will take affect on the last day of June.
- This applies to all payment methods: credit card, EFT and debit orders.
- If an early cancellation of a membership is requested, it needs to be received by the 25th of the month and will take effect the end of the following month. The remaining months, will be refunded.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
Please note the following important additional disclaimers of liability:
- The Club website, its services and content are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind (either express or implied).
- The Club does not warrant that its website or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the servers that support this website are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is acquired at your sole risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download.
- You understand and agree that the Club shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or any other damages whatsoever arising from the use or inability to use this website or the use of any content of this website.